Luz de Tavira is a town and a former community (approx. 29,100 inhabitants) in the county of Tavira. In 2013 it has been unified together with Santo Estêvão to the > União das Freguesias de Luz de Tavira e Santo Estêvão <.
Coordinates: 37° 5′ N, 7° 43′ W
The place lies by the N125.
The origins of the place date from the 15th century.
The inhabitants of the town mainly subsist on agriculture, handicraft, fishing or clam fishing, or on tourism. The town has banks, a post office, various shopping facilities, restaurants and cafés.
The market is small and the product range is relatively limited. However, the quality of the fruits, which have been produced in the region, is very good.
Fresh fish is essential for any Portuguese market.
Igreja Matriz de Nossa Senhora da Luz
The church traces back to the 16th century and has survived (as one of the few churches) the earthquake of 1755 without a damage.
Coordinates: 37°05’31.0″N 7°42’15.1″W
The church can be visited at the time of a mass.